Final 2017 NFL Draft Rankings
With my top 100 and mock draft, I aim to predict what will happen on Draft Day. With these rankings, I aim to predict future pro success – and there is a difference (see all the early round busts and late round/undrafted successes each year – why not try to predict a few, or highlight sleepers?).
Please note that any character/off the field or medical “red flags” are NOT taken into account. These are rankings formed from extensive tape study and using Combine data only. For a full explanation, please see the top of the Quarterback article.
Quarterback (Class Strength: Below Average)
- Mitch Trubisky – North Carolina.
- Joshua Dobbs – Tennessee.
- Brad Kaaya – Miami (Fl.).
- Deshaun Watson – Clemson.
- Patrick Mahomes II – Texas Tech.
Top small school prospects: Brady Gustafson – Montana and Alex Torgersen – Penn.
Running Back (Class Strength: Excellent)
- Leonard Fournette – LSU.
- Christian McCaffrey – Stanford.
- Dalvin Cook – Florida State.
- Joe Mixon – Oklahoma.
- Brian Hill – Wyoming.
Top small school prospects: Khalid Abdullah – James Madison and Lenard Tillery – Southern.
Wide Receiver (Class Strength: Average)
- Mike Williams – Clemson.
- Corey Davis – Western Michigan.
- Cooper Kupp – Eastern Washington.
- Zay Jones – East Carolina.
- John Ross – Washington.
Top small school prospects: Kupp (above), Krishawn Hogan – Marian, Lance Lenoir – Western Illinois and Anthony Warrum – Illinois State.
Tight End (Class Strength: Good)
- Jake Butt – Michigan.
- Jeremy Sprinkle – Arkansas.
- Evan Engram – Mississippi.
- O.J. Howard – Alabama.
- Jordan Leggett – Clemson
Top small school prospects: Eric Saubert – Drake and Anthony Firkser – Harvard.
Please note Adam Shaheen (Ashland) is not ranked due to lack of available tape.
Offensive Tackle (Class Strength: Poor)
- Taylor Moton – Western Michigan.
- Cam Robinson – Alabama.
- Ryan Ramczyk – Wisconsin.
- Julie’n Davenport – Bucknell.
- Garett Bolles – Utah.
Top small school prospects: Davenport (see above) and Jylan Ware – Alabama State.
Interior Offensive Line (Class Strength: Poor)
- Forrest Lamp – Western Kentucky (Guard or Center)
- Tyler Orlosky – West Virginia (Center)
- Ethan Pocic – LSU (Guard or Center)
- Nico Siragusa – San Diego State (Guard)
- Pat Elflein – Ohio State (Center)
Top small school prospects: Michael Coe – North Dakota (Guard or Center) and Zack Johnson – North Dakota State (Guard)
Edge Rusher (Class Strength: Excellent)
- Myles Garrett – Texas A&M.
- Derek Barnett – Tennessee.
- Tim Williams – Alabama.
- Jordan Willis – Kansas State.
- Taco Charlton – Michigan.
Top small school prospects: Tanoh Kpassagnon – Villanova, Derek Rivers – Youngstown State and Keionta Davis – Tennessee-Chattanooga.
Defensive Line (Class Strength: Below Average, but a lot of “boom or bust” type prospects)
- Soloman Thomas – Stanford.
- Malik McDowell – Michigan State.
- Jonathan Allen – Alabama.
- Chris Wormley – Michigan.
- Carlos Watkins – Clemson.
Top small school prospect: Grover Stewart – Albany State.
Linebacker (Class Strength: Excellent)
- Reuben Foster – Alabama.
- Jarrad Davis – Florida.
- Haason Reddick – Temple.
- Zach Cunningham – Vanderbilt.
- Ryan Anderson – Alabama.
Top small school prospect: Dylan Cole – Missouri State.
Cornerback (Class Strength: Excellent)
- Marlon Humphrey – Alabama.
- Marshon Lattimore – Ohio State.
- Sidney Jones IV – Washington.
- Gareon Conley – Ohio State.
- Chidobe Awuzie – Colorado.
Top small school prospects: Brendan Langley – Lamar, Taylor Reynolds – James Madison and Xavier Coleman – Portland State.
Safety (Class Strength: Very Good)
- Jabrill Peppers – Michigan.
- Jamal Adams – LSU.
- Malik Hooker – Ohio State.
- Justin Evans – Texas A&M.
- Marcus Williams – Utah.
Top small school prospect: David Jones – Richmond.
Last updated: 17 April 2017