With the bulk of my tape study done, here are my updated pre-Combine rankings. I have indicated what I perceive as the class strength in brackets after each position. I will update post-Combine and then perhaps once more before they become final. As a reminder, these are my personal rankings from tape study. They are not projecting where/in what order prospects will be drafted, but attempting to predict future pro success. There are some differences to the consensus, the reasoning for which will be explained when I post my positional rankings articles. Please note, medical and character “red flags” are not taken into account (although it may lead to mistakes), as I don’t have the required information to make such judgements. Unlike Top 100’s and Mock Drafts, this kind of thing isn’t scored by the Huddle Report, although I very much wish it was to encourage different points of view to be presented.
- Josh Rosen* – UCLA.
- Josh Allen* – Wyoming.
- Sam Darnold** – Southern California.
- Lamar Jackson* – Louisville.
- Mason Rudolph – Oklahoma State.
Running Back (Excellent)
- Saquon Barkley* – Penn State.
- Derrius Guice* – LSU.
- Rashaad Penny – San Diego State.
- Sony Michel – Georgia.
- Ronald Jones II* – Southern California.
Wide Receiver (Below Average)
- Calvin Ridley* – Alabama.
- Christian Kirk* – Texas A&M.
- James Washington – Oklahoma State.
- Simmie Cobbs Jr.* – Indiana.
- Dante Pettis – Washington.
Tight End (Poor)
- Jaylen Samuels – North Carolina State (HB/TE/RB/FB).
- Dallas Goedert – South Dakota State.
- Mike Gesicki – Penn State.
- Mark Andrews* – Oklahoma.
- Dalton Schultz* – Stanford.
Offensive Tackle (Poor)
- Mike McGlinchey – Notre Dame.
- Jamarco Jones – Ohio State.
- Alex Cappa – Humboldt State.
- Joseph Noteboom – TCU.
- Tyrell Crosby – Oregon.
Interior Offensive Line (Excellent)
- Isaiah Wynn – Georgia (OG).
- James Daniels* – Iowa (C).
- Connor Williams* – Texas (OG/OT).
- Quenton Nelson* – Notre Dame (OG).
- Will Clapp* – LSU (C).
Edge Rusher (Good)
- Bradley Chubb – North Carolina State.
- Kemoko Turay – Rutgers.
- Tyquan Lewis – Ohio State.
- Harold Landry – Boston College.
- Marcus Davenport – Texas at San Antonio.
Defensive Line (0 to 5 technique) (Very Good)
- Maurice Hurst – Michigan.
- Rasheem Green* – Southern California.
- RJ McIntosh* – Miami (Florida).
- Vita Vea* – Washington.
- Da’Ron Payne* – Alabama.
Linebacker (off-line) (Good)
- Tremaine Edmunds* – Virginia Tech.
- Roquan Smith* – Georgia.
- Rashaan Evans – Alabama.
- Josey Jewell – Iowa.
- Nick DeLuca – North Dakota State.
- Denzel Ward* – Ohio State.
- Isaiah Oliver* – Colorado.
- Jaire Alexander* – Louisville.
- Joshua Jackson* – Iowa.
- Rashaan Gaulden* – Tennessee.
Safety (Below Average)
- Minkah Fitzpatrick* – Alabama.
- Kyzir White – West Virginia.
- Ronnie Harrison* – Alabama.
- Marcus Allen – Penn State.
- Quin Blanding – Virginia.
Last updated: 19 February 2018